The career consists of 2 levels, the Superior University Technician (TSU) which is 2 years and engineering which is 1 year and 8 more months, for a total of 3 years and 8 months. Upon completion and approval you will obtain 2 titles, the TSU and the engineering.
The Higher University Technician in Mechatronics Automation area has the necessary professional skills for their performance in the working environment, at the local, regional and national level.
Professional competencies are the skills and attitudes that allow the Higher University Technician to develop activities in their professional area, adapt to new situations, as well as transfer, if necessary, their knowledge, skills and attitudes to nearby professional areas.
- Pose and solve problems based on the principles and theories of physics, chemistry and mathematics, through the scientific method to support decision-making in the scientific and technological fields.
- Desarrollar y fortalecer las habilidades instrumentales, interpersonales, sistémicas y gerenciales, para comunicarse en un segundo idioma.
1. Develop and maintain automated and control systems, using appropriate technology, according to standards, technical and safety specifications to improve and maintain production processes.
1.1 Plan Automated and Control Systems considering the technical, economic and regulatory aspects, using information technologies; to ensure operational readiness.
1.2 Implement automated and control systems considering the established planning, to install, start up and test the operation of the system.
1.3 Supervise the maintenance of automated and control equipment according to regulations, standards, technical specifications and maintenance plan, to contribute to the operation of the process.
2. Implement Measurement and Control Systems under the established standards, for the proper functioning of industrial processes.
2.1 Supervise the measurement and control instruments or equipment according to the needs of the process and the applicable regulations, to carry out its diagnosis.
2.2. Integrate the components of the measurement and control system according to the needs and technical specifications, to maintain and/or improve the process.
3.3 Establish links between equipment and/or devices considering the needs and resources of the company, as well as the established regulations, to make communication and control processes efficient.
SCENARIOS OF ACTION
The Higher University Technician in Mechatronics Automation area will be able to work in:
- Companies dedicated to the manufacture of electrical and/or electronic systems and components.
- Companies dedicated to integrating process automation projects.
- Automated systems maintenance area in:
Chemical, pharmaceutical, woodworking, metalworking, automotive, textile and clothing industries, food processing, electrical sector.
- Companies dedicated to providing specialized general services.
The Higher University Technician in Mechatronics Automation area will be able to perform as:
- Head of Department.
- Supervisor of maintenance, area and processes.
- Assistant of the Design and Engineering department.
- Project coordinator.
- Technical Support for: micro, small and medium enterprises.
The Mechatronics Engineer has the professional skills necessary for his performance in the working environment, at the local, regional and national levels.
Professional competencies are the skills and attitudes that allow the Engineer to develop activities in his professional area, adapt to new situations, as well as transfer, if necessary, his knowledge, skills and attitudes to nearby professional areas.
- Pose and solve engineering problems based on the principles and theories of physics, chemistry, mathematics and the scientific method.
- Develop and strengthen instrumental, interpersonal, systemic, managerial skills and to communicate in a second language.
1. Develop automation and control projects, through the design, administration and application of new technologies to meet the needs of the productive sector
1.1. Design electrical, mechanical and electronic systems through integrative projects, to automate and control production processes.
1.2. Manage human, material and energy resources considering the design and conservation requirements of an Automation and control system, through the project management methodology for the effective implementation of the project.
1.3. Direct integrated projects of electrical, mechanical and electronic systems through the development and conservation plan for its effective implementation in the automation and control of systems.
SCENARIOS OF ACTION
The Mechatronics Engineer will be able to work in:
- Public and private companies dedicated to industrial production processes.
- Concession companies of automatic equipment and automated machines and sale of parts.
- Own company of design, development and maintenance in mechatronic industrial systems in automation and control.
The Mechatronics Engineer may work as:
- Mechatronic systems design engineer in automation and control.
- Consultant for integration projects of automatic and control systems.
- Researcher and developer of automation technologies.