The career consists of 2 levels, the Superior University Technician (TSU) which is 2 years and the bachelor's degree which is 1 year and 8 more months, for a total of 3 years and 8 months. Upon completion and approval you will obtain 2 titles, the TSU and the Bachelor's degree.
The Higher University Technician in Gastronomy has the necessary professional skills for their performance in the working environment, at the local, regional and national level.
Professional competencies are the skills and attitudes that allow the Higher University Technician to develop activities in their professional area, adapt to new situations, as well as transfer, if necessary, their knowledge, skills and attitudes to nearby professional areas.
Capacity for analysis and synthesis, skills for basic research, individual skills and social skills, managerial skills and the skills to communicate in a second language.
1. Coordinate the operation of the food and beverage area through the planning, execution and evaluation of the preparation of gastronomic products, considering the procedures, standards and regulations, to contribute to the profitability of the organization and to strengthen the gastronomic industry and culture.
1.1 Integrate gastronomic products through standard recipes, culinary and cocktail bases, selection of supplies and applicable regulations, to guarantee quality and strengthen the positioning of the organization.
1.2 Direct the operation of a food and beverage area through a work and evaluation plan, to contribute to the optimization of resources and guarantee the hygienic handling of food.
2. Manage gastronomic events and services, based on logistics planning, supervision and evaluation techniques, to meet customer requirements and contribute to the economic development of the region.
2.1 Organize events and gastronomic services through the diagnosis of services and logistics planning, to meet customer demand and contribute to the profitability of the organization.
2.2. Direct gastronomic events and services according to the established plan, large-scale food preparation techniques, incident attention, evaluation indicators and applicable regulations, to satisfy and consolidate the organization's gastronomic offer.
SCENARIOS OF ACTION
The Higher University Technician in Gastronomy will be able to work in:
- Public and private companies and institutions dedicated to the production and marketing of gastronomic goods and services.
- Your own company providing gastronomic products and services.
The Higher University Technician in Gastronomy may work as:
- Assistant manager of a food and beverage establishment.
- Food events coordinator.
- Operator of a food and beverage area.
- Supervisor of operational areas of food and beverage establishments.
The Bachelor of Gastronomy has the professional skills necessary for their performance in the working environment, at the local, regional and national level.
Professional competencies are the skills and attitudes that allow the Graduate to develop activities in their professional area, adapt to new situations, as well as transfer, if necessary, their knowledge, skills and attitudes to nearby professional areas.
Analysis and synthesis skills, basic research skills, planning and management skills, safety and hygiene management, teamwork, effective communication, negotiation skills, leadership and service attitude.
1.- Develop and manage a gastronomic concept through the diagnosis of culinary potential, menu engineering, representative Mexican and international cuisine, financial and strategic management tools, and applicable regulations to strengthen the gastronomic sector and contribute to the economic development of the city. zone.
1.1 Develop the culinary proposal through the diagnosis of the gastronomic potential, menu engineering, methods and techniques of traditional cuisine and Mexican haute cuisine, as well as those of international cuisine, considering the applicable regulations and supervision and control tools, to strengthen gastronomic culture.
1.2 Manage the food and beverage establishment through the diagnosis of human, material, technical and financial resources, strategic management tools, analysis of basic financial statements considering the philosophy of the organization and applicable regulations, for its profitability and competitiveness.
SCENARIOS OF ACTION
The Bachelor of Gastronomy will be able to function in:
- Hotels and recreation centers
- Hospitals and health centers
- Educational institutions
- Industrial canteens
- Cruise ships and aerokitchens
- Coffee shops
- Social events
- Bakeries, pastry shops and pastry shops.
The Bachelor of Gastronomy may work as:
- Executive chef
- Corporate Chef
- Research Chef
- Chef Trainer
- Food and beverages manager
- Consultant for food and beverage companies.